Serves: 4 // Prep: 25min // Cook: 45min
1kg chicken thighs trimmed and halved
1T soy sauce
4T Danny Balboa's Rub-it Downey Jnr
2C plain flour
1T chicken stock powder
2T Danny Balboa's Snake Oil
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Dill pickles to serve
1/2 a red cabbage finely shredded
1 large carrot shredded (use a mandolin)
1 red onion finely sliced
2T whole egg mayo
1T apple cider vinegar
1T pickle juice
1T Danny Balboa’s Snake Oil
1T American mustard
1. Fill a deep saucepan with oil and heat to 350F.
2. Meanwhile, put the chicken in a bowl and cover it evenly with soy and half (2T) of the Rub-it Downey Jnr.
3. In separate bowl mix flour, stock powder, salt, and remaining rub. In
3rd bowl make an egg wash with eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Whisk
till light and fluffy.
4. Dip marinated chicken into egg wash then flour. Shake off excess. Drop into heated oil and fry till golden and crunchy (approx. 15min or to an internal temp of 165F) Make sure to fry in batches and not to
crowd your pan!
5. While your chicken is doing its thing, quickly throw together your
slaw. In a large bowl mix together your cabbage, onion, and carrot.
In a separate bowl whisk together mayo, vinegar, pickle juice, hot
sauce and mustard. Season lightly with salt and pepper before
stirring through your coleslaw.
6. When chicken is done serve immediately with slaw and pickles.