Serves: 4 // Prep: 20min // Cook: 20min
1kg chicken thigh
4 cobs corn
1T fennel seeds
Can of pineapple in juice
5 green shallots
2 habanero chilli
1⁄2 red onion
3-4cm piece ginger sliced
4 garlic cloves crushed
1⁄2 bunch parsley
3⁄4 C white wine vinegar
3T brown sugar
1⁄2 C rum
1C Danny Balboa’s Snake Oil
1/2 T salt
1/2 T pepper
1. Score chicken and place in a large bowl.
2. Roughly chop all ingredients and chuck in your blender. Blend the hell out of it.
3. Pour over chicken and refrigerate overnight (If you’ve got time I actually prefer to do mine for 24hrs).
4. For best results grill directly over charcoal (you want the grill on medium heat) and cook to an internal temp of 75c (this should take
around 15min). If you plan to fry, ideally use a griddle pan on medium/high heat so you still get the tasty char.
5. While your chicken is doing its thing, in a mortar and pestle grind together your fennel seeds and salt.
6. Shuck your corn and pop on the grill with chicken. Cook turning
regularly till lightly charred then slather in a mixture of fennel salt
and butter. Finish with a squeeze of lime.